Jun
06

Class Wordle (2013)

Filed Under (General) by on June 6, 2013 and tagged

The other day we created a Wordle. A wordle is a “word cloud” made from a bunch of text that is entered into a program that arranges the words into different colors and shapes to make a design. The more times a word appears in the text, the bigger the word gets in a wordle.

*

We combined our names with the answers that we wrote to these questions:

What word would you use to describe our blog?

What word would you use to describe our classroom?

What word would you use to describe your classmates?

What is the most interesting thing in the classroom?

What is your favorite classroom subject?

What has been your favorite activity so far?

What was your favorite read-aloud book?

What was your favorite field trip?

*

When we entered all the text into a wordle this is what we got!

*

*

(Click on the image to see it in full size. You can experiment with making your own Wordle by visiting the site here.)

As you can see, awesome was written down the most! What other words seem to have been written over and over?

*

What do you think of our wordle?

If you are in our class, explain your answer to one of the questions for the wordle.

How would you describe our blog?

5 Responses to “Class Wordle (2013)”

1.   Sandy Says:

Dear Mr.Salsich,

I think that the Wordle website is really cool!! I like how every single time you type in the same word again it gets bigger and bigger! Here is one of my answers to one of the questions. My favorite field trip this year was the Pequot museum (Native American museum). I would describe our blog as organized because everything is easy to find because of the tags which I also noticed were probably made from Word Cloud!!

Your Student,
    Sandy :wink:

Reply

2.   Nora Says:

Dear Mr. Salsich,

I love the post! All the answers to the questions look really cool when you put them in Wordle. I haven’t tried it out yet, but it sounds really fun. I wonder what would happen if you typed down your ABC’s and your numbers up to 100.

Sincerely,
    Nora :jazz:

Reply

3.   lindsey Says:

Dear Mr. Salsich,

I think Wordle is awesome because I like how you get to pick a color for each word, Also when you type in a word like 5 times the same word it gets bigger and bigger each time. I also like our class’ wordle because it has all our favorite things from the school year and you put in Bruins for the boys, and Rainbow Dash for the girls (aka my little pony). I haven’t tried it yet but it sounds fun! Have you ever made another wordle in the past years?

Your student,
    Lindsey :lol:

Reply